Sunday, January 16, 2011

Can I review Eastbound and Down?


I think I can, since I got into the show basically because of Tropic Thunder, Pineapple Express, Foot Fist Way, Hot Rod, East Bound in that order, and Foot Fist is Napoleon dynamite with balls and one of the best movies of the 00's.

I’m going to say it now the first 3 episodes kind of sucked, but the last 3 I blew it twice after 40 minute orgasms.  I don't know what it was, too slow character development, relying too much on swearing, just wasn't impressed with the first 3 and sadly I almost gave up on the series.  Maybe I was going in with too much hype, but I've done that before with TV shows and they exceeded.  The next 3 though definitely got me back, they were huge.  Do other people feel the same way?  I think that Stevie guy really came on strong during this part. There was the great scheme that Kenny pulled where he got his herpe friend to try and hook up with the principle, showed Kenny as the evil guy, but unlike earlier that he somewhat cunning.  You also get the divergence of the characters that help setup the progression of the story, the principle becomes kind of an ass, Kenny becomes somewhat compassionate, he gets an enemy instead of being his own, and he helps people grow around him (his brother mainly). 

Here is what you have in the second half of the season:  Sound of Silence on a Jet ski, Ashley's son gabriel (watch for the twitch on Robinson's face when he says it, and that vein is awesome), premature ejaculation, the everyday man opening of episode 5 (shit my pants), fuck the west, It's my class, soundgarden spoons, loads of macaroni and cheeseys, that's not a homosexual reference, dick slapping is my game, you have a fucked up sense of humor son, among others.  They should just make one episode of the first disc ones taking the best stuff from it and it would easily give the same story of the what is going on, maybe one 45 minute episode as the opener.  Does Danny Mcbride complete the "Triumvirate" of Will Ferrell Adam McKay better than John C. Reilly.  Adam and Will kind of took Danny under their wing, has their product become better since then?  I think it takes more chances. 

I love the women that Jody Hill and Danny Mcbride usually cast in their stuff.  Not only did they cast women like Collette Wolfe (Observe and Report, Foot Fist) who are the epitome of super luscious girl next door type but their team is great at casting small town, everyday females that you have to admit to your friends they are trash but you know you would bang and would want to bang if you were 10 deep at Jim Mitchell's.

I hated the first 6 episodes of Curb too but mainly because I watched them all in a row in a 13 hour car ride from Colorado to Wisconsin. I think I would have sex with Gina Gershon if presented with the opportunity in any circumstance.  How about that lady that was the art teacher? 

How does she do that slow blink?  Drives me crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment