Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Jurassic Park III Teaser, WTF


Is this a teaser for a huge summer blockbuster or or some cheap knock off arcade game on Tubo Grafix 16?  Are they kidding.  Why did they even bother shooting it?  I have yet to touch upon my experience with JPIII which will be for a later time, but this is what they get to excite people with.  Lightning, a walk through the jungle, and a roar that would make an ADR artist seizure.  I get that its supposed to tease people but it is 42 seconds of nothing.  If I remember correctly this was release in December or January before the movie came out, why even wait for that long, there were no special effects, nothing used from the film, they could have done this 1 year before, 2 years before.  I literally think the screen was black for 38 of the 42 seconds of the trailer. At least show a foot, a wing, a new raptor turning its head around for 1 split second, something that connects it to the movie.  It creates no memory.  It is a vacuum of consciousness. 

I remember when they said they were doing The Lost World teaser for the super bowl in 97.  I was so amped to see that, and you know what they actually did something with it.  It was the year after the Independence Day one appeared during the Super Bowl and kind of boosted that whole trend.  I should have known when I saw this online back in 2000 that nothing good could ever come to it.  Maybe once I rip it apart I can get some closure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment