Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Pete Postlethwaite

Rest in peace.  It always makes me uneasy talking about an actor when they pass.  We talk about like we know them but our only memories come from him acting as a character.  Is that enough to base a writing about?  Is that what all actors want?  He certainly was one of the best actors of the time.  I'm sure when a lot of people heard the news, they didn't recognize the name but immediately the characters, voice, and acting.  My first and therefore favorite movie I saw him in was the Lost World as Roland Tembo.  Sure it probably wasn't his most memorable, but if that is how society chooses to remember actors then every role he played becomes iconic.  So as an ode to him, I'll leave you with "Let's get this movable feast underway"

No comments:

Post a Comment