Sunday, March 20, 2011

Was what Mark Zuckerberg did really that impressive?

(this guy should just get ripped and become the next Schwarzenegger and do stupid action movies that are schweet)

Keep in mind this is a movie blog and I, like many people, form opinion on things I see movies, so sue me because I think women love asshole man children (see Katherine Heigl)  Who wouldn't right?  She reminds me of every girl I didn't have sex with in high school. 

 
In general, I'm always kind of weary on these types of movies.  Ben Mezrich is a great writer and things are always well researched out, but you have to base so many events on personal experience.  Did Zuckerberg really do and so all those things, maybe, and maybe not.  Everyone is guilty of elaborating something.  But I digress onto the meat of the post.

 (see what I did there)

I'm not going to sit here and say Mark Zuckerberg has accomplished nothing.  He's created a phenomenon that has changed the global landscape forever and I commend him for that (since he already has too many detractors)  But was that idea, that website, so far fetched.  In the movie, again I get it, but in the movie he says we are doing things at facebook that no one imagined or something like that.  As an extremely amateur website developer, it didn't seem like the codes for the original facebooks would be that hard, maybe I'm missing osmething or you could download them as attachments like I did with the a forum on hostmonster, but dreamweaver was available that year.  Was his idea and execution really that complicated.  Maybe an expert programmer can fill me in on what they think, which is what Zuckerberg should have been, for going to Harvard right?  They have a day where they say they have been programing code all day.  Why couldn't that be an exageration, like the movie is an exaggeration of itself you know. Of course it is going to be exaggerated and that is a distinguish that only character can claim.  Basically I'm saying who isn't going to embellish their life from this movie, these are all sketchy characters, they are all evil in some way as with everyone in the world is and that is the movie of the now.  That may be why a critic claimed it as such.

 As I said everyone is guilty of elaborating something...


I also have to admit in a previous post that I was down on Kevin Spacey.  Dude's okay.  He's producing a lot of solid material.  I mean absolutely hated 21, but with Social Network showed that he knew how to improve and that's what it is about.

No comments:

Post a Comment