Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Saw Dirty Harry For the First Time Last Night

And it was better than I ever thought it could be. That woman had no idea how close she was to death.    
Even though my only experience with it going in is that it was a gritty crime drama, I was surprised to find how funny some scenes were.  For the first time in a long time I found myself actually thoroughly enjoying a movie again.  It was like having sex with an ex girlfriend 10 years down the line.  Now, whenever someone says that oh they don't make movies like they used to.  Every generation underneath says you're just old, and all people say that about the things kids listen to and watch and yeah it's going to be that way for the rest of time.  But I think we just need to start admitting that the stuff from the 60's, 70's and 80's was just awesome and it started going down hill in the 90's.  If Dirty Harry had come out today and I saw it in the theater I'd probably see it 3x.  It competes against anything released this year.  I was born in 1983 and I saw The Thing for the first time in 2007, around the same time I saw Ghost Rider, and The Thing floored it.  It doesn't really have anything to do with when I saw it, mainly more on whether that it is crap or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment