Friday, February 11, 2011

X-Men First Class Trailer

So they just released the trailer for X-Men First Class yesterday.  They were going to release a TV spot during the Super Bowl, but they wisely held off to do a full length one.  I mean was anyone excited by the 30 seconds of Super 8 or Captain America?  Not only is it a waste of money, but unless you buy a minutes worth it's almost impossible to get people amped up for it.

Anyway, this trailer actually looked pretty decent.  I went into it expecting it would be stupid, even though it started a little slow.  I think Matthew Vaughn is a good director, he has his head and heart in the right place.  I love how he is anti-hollywood.  I was disappointed with Kick Ass which is another reason why I didn't expect much from this, but I'm pretty excited for this movie now.  And as much as I hate the idea of rebooting a franchise almost within a decade of the first one (see Spider-Man), I think this one needed a little new blood to keep it going especially after Wolverine and X-Men 3.  Are they actually considering this a prequel, or is this a reboot?

No one was as ramped up for first X-Men movie in 2000 as me.  When I finally got to see it, I brought my camera, and ended up making an album out of the time I got to see X-Men.  As much as I loved it though, I always thought something felt amiss with it, maybe it needed one more action sequence, or 20 more minutes.  I realize how hard it is to make an X-Men movie, you are basically creating an ensemble action movie within 2 hours.  Hopefully this takes X-Men to the next level and realizes that they don't really spend so much time on exposition, I think most of the people seeing this will already know the stories. 

Does anyone remember that TV movie in the 90's Generation X with that guy from Honey I Shrunk the Kids, Matt Frewer.  I kind of liked it.  Why haven't they done that with a comic book?  Even as there have been some effective super hero movies, can you really tell the story arc of a hero in a 2 hour movie, even if it is a trilogy?  With the progression TV has made, maybe it is the right time for a live action, well known, Super hero coming to the small screen, and I'm not counting Lois and Clark.  Batman the Animated Series was one of the best things to happen to TV ever.

PS it was always my dream since I was a kid to fly an SR-71, is that still possible?

No comments:

Post a Comment