Saturday, May 14, 2011

Black Swan Was Only Able To Get $13 million for Financing?

(credit to Nick Athanas for the pic) I know it's not a Black Swan, but Swans/Ducks fucking rake.  I kind of wish someone would do swan lake with a real swans sometime, there so funny to look at and act goofy all the time. 

Anywho, word on the street Darren Aronofsky was only able to get $13 million dollars for Black Swan.  Makes perfect sense right.  I mean you have a director that all he does is make oscar worthy films with a huge cult following, and 2 bankable hot women in the leads, why would anyone want to invest more into that.  See we got this movie over here called Fired Up! we need to put $20 million into that instead, because it's got an unproven director and shitty story.  Yes I know completely different financing, producers, companies etc.  But doesn't this all drive the point home of it's all about who you know.  I can see Mr. Aronofsky as the type of person that burns a lot of bridges and doesn't ass kiss all the schmucks/phoneys in order to get more money.  We're only going to get $13 million, fuck them fine.  We'll make the best goddamn movie we can with that because I'm not going to another party so I can tell some producer that such and such was a good idea to try and get another mil.  

I wish I could have been there when the D-man gave everyone the big fuck you finger when the movie crossed $100 mil.   

No comments:

Post a Comment